Friday, September 3, 2010

THURSDAY AFTER NO COMICS

It truly is a let-down feeling.

You've unwittingly trained yourself (or been trained by the industry) to look forward to Wednesday. It's something you look forward to almost instinctively. You get that e-mail with the weekly pulls, or check your favorite website for new releases and the anticipation starts.

And then there's two issues. No Spider-Man, no awesome indie books, no Hickman. So I didn't bother going to pick them up. And boy, does it feel lousy.

Not to say Shadowland, and Hawkeye & Mockingbird aren't great books. I enjoy them both a lot so far. But they're both relatively new, and so I succumbed to the notion of giving it a rest for a week.

So here I sit. Waiting patiently for Cup'O'Joe (when ever that might be posted), not satisfied by The Buy Pile (since I didn't buy anything myself), anxiously waiting for the new pull list e-mail, to see if next week will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment