Thursday, April 22, 2010

Swagbucks (I'll start catching you up)

It must have been the first money making venture I started, but it’s hard to tell since they all began in such quick succession. A friend told me all about the Amazon.com giftcards he had been earning and was showing off the graphic novels he’d purchased with them. Intrigued, I asked what the deal was.

Swagbucks.com is, at it’s simplest, a search engine. Granted, the first three search results are usually sponsored results, but since they’re clearly marked, they’re easy to skip. Occasionally, after hitting search, you are awarded swagbucks, which are the currency used on the site.
To give you a frame of reference, 700 swagbucks will get you a $5 paypal gift card. That’s how I roll, since I would like to use the funds on eBay, but if you prefer other giftcards, you can get them considerately cheaper. Alternately, you can also redeem your points for physical prizes (S&H is included).

It’s definitely an easy to use site, which is key to me. It’s available to participants in the US, UK and Canada (minus Quebec, sorry mes amie). Lastly, there are extra ways to earn bucks i.e. daily hidden codes in their blog or Facebook page, Trade-in old used video games, or even by flipping through a fee offers per day.

It was also the first website to pay. I've cashed out for $5 giftcards twice since March 1st and am 3/4 of the way to a third.

If you take anything away from my blog, it should be signing up to SWAGBUCKS.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment